One in seven people in Ontario have a disability and this coupled with an aging population means that demand for wheelchair rentals in Mississauga, Brampton and other areas are growing. Renting a wheelchair is a popular option for a number of reasons when the length of use is unknown. Short-term wheelchair rentals are beneficial for use after an accident, procedure or illnesses. Rental options are an ideal and cost-effective solution alternate to the expense of purchasing a wheelchair.
We offer guaranteed service and quality of product with wheelchair rentals in Mississauga and Brampton. All wheelchair rentals are thoroughly inspected through a rigours process to ensure they are clean, safe and ready for use before being rented out to clients. If anything does happen to go wrong during the rental period, we will ensure that we find the best solution for our clients. There are also a wide variety of wheelchairs available include manual and electric ones. Additionally, clients have an option of using a transport chair.
Transport Chairs and wheelchairs are similar with some slight differences. Transport chairs are generally more compact and lightweight than wheelchairs; however, one cannot move on their won and instead require to be transported around by a caregiver or family member.
Mississauga is the 6th largest city in Canada and with its prime position on the shores of Lake Ontario, is seeing a growing number of visitors. This is another reason why wheelchair rentals in Mississauga and Brampton is seeing growth. Visitors can choose from a large range of chairs and products to facilitate their time visiting this beautiful province. The city is also well-adapted for disabilities, with wheelchair-friendly taxis, hotels, restaurants and venues, making navigation around the city straightforward.
If you are traveling in Ontario on business and are looking for a solution to accommodate your mobility needs, renting a wheelchair in Brampton or other areas of the GTA is also a good solution.
Similarly, if you’re considering a day out with the family and want to include everyone, you might want to rent a wheelchair for this special occasion, rather than commit to buying one.
Renting a wheelchair is also a good idea if you’re thinking about buying one. It gives you an opportunity to try it out before buying it to ensure it’s the best option for you!
A few questions you might want to ask a company before renting a wheelchair in Mississauga or any other area in Ontario, include:
- Does the company provide a delivery and/or collection service and, if so, are there any additional charges?
- Does the company ask for a deposit before loaning a wheelchair?
- If hiring long term, is the wheelchair subject to a six monthly service liability, if so will a replacement wheelchair be supplied in the meantime?
- Who is responsible for maintenance, e.g. if you have a puncture?
- Are you able to take the wheelchair overseas; if so are there additional charges, and/or an increase in the deposit needed?
- Are you obliged to take out insurance? If so is this included in the price, and what eventualities does the insurance cover?